Sunday, November 26, 2017

My Favorite Piece of Art



Who does not love van Gogh's "Starry Night" one of the most recongnizable masterpieces in the world . It is based on van Gogh's direct observation as well as his imagination , memories , and emotions .The dark spires in the foreground are cypress trees , plants most often associated with death. this connection gives a special significance to this van Gogh quote :


" looking at the stars always makes me dream .Why , I ask myself , should not the shining dots of the sky be as accessible as the black dots on the map of France? just as we take the train to get to Tarascon or Rouen , we take death to reach a star "

Although I know that it might look depressing but somehow I can still see the beauty in it.

1 comment:

  1. He is by far the most beloved artist in history, but it's so sad that he had a miserable life.

    ReplyDelete