Wednesday, November 1, 2017

japanese english


An education of English in Japan has been often criticized in point of that they attach importance of grammar and vocabulary. Of course, both are necessary for learning English but quite passive. Therefore, it is significant for the Japanese student to practice authentic English, especially speaking. After I came to this country, I have hesitated to talk with foreigner in English and been irritated with myself for not being able to explain something well. That’s possibly because there were few chance to speak in English in our school days. Overall, ‘active study’ ought to be introduced, for example English speech or conversation in English classes, which could send much more students to abroad easily if it was adapted.

3 comments:

  1. I had some difficulties to communicate with a foreigner and native speakers also when I came here

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it's a disappointing point some of English education in non-English speaking country. In fact, the problem is that the students don't have enough time to cover all of the aspects of English, so I think it would be the inevitable choice which is made depends on usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I thought I have to speak to native speaker without afraid make a mistake.

    ReplyDelete