Wednesday, January 31, 2018


Who I Am                  Reem Al-Qallaf

 

I’m a 17 but almost 18 year old Arabic Muslim women from Kuwait. There are six people in my family: my parents, my two brothers, my sister, and myself. And I also have an adorable male cat named Silver as a pet. Basically, what I mentioned are facts about me that I can’t change. But when it come to the four aspects of my identity, I will mention my religion, language, nationality, and my lifestyle. Probably there are more but these are the most important to me.

I was born as a Muslim, of course my parents are Muslim too, and when I grew up I chose to be a Muslim. The Arabic word Islam means submission, obedience, peace and purity. There are five pillars in Islam, the first one is the Muslim profession of faith, or the shahada. The second pillar is ritual prayers. The third pillar is compulsory charity or zakat. The fourth pillar is a fast of Ramadan. The fifth pillar is the merits and various rites performed in a Hajj. In my opinion this is a great aspect of my identity and of course I respect all the other religions as Islam tells us to be tolerant towards them.

My second aspect would be my language. I speak Arabic as a first language also there is nothing much to say about it. It’s the fifth-most-spoken language in the world by a number of native speakers.

The third aspect is my Nationality. I’m Kuwaiti. Kuwait is an Arabic country on the Arabian Gulf. Kuwait City is the capital. Our currency is a Kuwaiti dinar which is a strong currency.

What I mean by my lifestyle is my diet. I’m a vegetarian. I chose to be a vegetarian for some reasons.

 Last but not least, I respect everyone with any religion, culture or principles. And this is how I can write About myself I think.                

337  words                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Reem, I deeply felt how much you love yourself and your country. As I say everyday, you're so adorable.

    ReplyDelete